Sunday, November 23, 2008

poconos

Okay i don't even know if that is how you spell it. but on friends season one Rachel dates this Italian guy and she's trying to say that city name so that he can say, (he doesn't speak much english) and she says it like "poke a nose".
well my favorite thing about my puppy is her nose. It's tiny compared to my other dog's and his is almost always cold and wet and he really doesn't like you to touch it. But my puppy, well she's different from Ted in almost every way so it makes sense that her nose is not always cold and wet, and she lets me touch it as much as I want. and when i touch it, it's more of a "poke a nose" - and I say that to her as I "poke" her, she's unbelievably cute and her nose is adorable. 
A few days ago i was at my best friends house and one of her dogs was laying on his back paws in the air taking in the moment. Her dad asked me why I thought he might be laying like that, I said miss does it whenever she's feeling really content and relaxed. 
She did that this afternoon after I'd spent some time playing with her and her bear (her favorite toy) and I'd rubbed her tummy, she as content. The look of love and delight was obvious on her face and just this morning she had been bummed cause I hadn't taken her outside. 
i wonder, do I show my contentment and delight? Do i take the time to live in that moment of peace and joy? I find myself frustrated with myself and life often these days. I'm not in a relationship and no where near one, I can't seem to learn financial responsibility and i can't seem to get off my butt and work out - wii fit here i come!
I hope that as I enter this holiday season, as I take time to reflect and see my life for who Christ has made me, I can have that time laying on my back arms open in God's love - content and relaxed in him. 

No comments: