
those of you reading this blog may have noticed I've been a little down lately and for all good reasons. not getting into school, having frustration at work, and struggling with packing up my condo and moving to seattle. As excited as I am to move - i am so excited, it is very overwhelming. I have to figure out if I want to buy, if i have to rent, where am I going to live, what job can i get, gotta see the doctor and dentist before benefits run out.... AH!
the boxes are slowly coming together and my house is still a mess, going through everything, fixing up all I can. basically it's A LOT.
but this sunday a few things happened, first it was Easter, Jesus is so much bigger than anything i'm struggling with. it was a pretty powerful reminder that he is my Holy Lord, and he needs to come first.
Then at church I saw a friend, whom I hardly ever get to see. She just had a baby, well two months ago and I got to meet her for the first time. She's precious! I also got to tell them that I'm moving to seattle, they live in north seattle so i'm hoping that I actually get to see this wonderful, beautiful lady and her family. She was my first consistent babysitter, we had her for several years growing up. She was also my math teacher in high school, that was strange! And then I TA'd for her one semester my senior year. Chatting with her, meeting her little girl, seeing her her hubby (whom I totally like! though when i first heard of him - lets just say i was very, very jealous!) it put the biggest smile on my face! I so hope that living in seattle means getting to see them so much more than now! (which is really um just seeing them, lol)
third was going to easter lunch/dinner with the regulars, we got to eat in Diane's new dining room, which was awesome and a long time coming! Yay for remodels! :) But the best part? Other than seeing everyone... Diane asked that we start the meal by singing the Doxology... the way our voices blended... there's a lot of musical people in our group, and the sound of our voices thanking God in a traditional, musical way was breath taking. it brought tears to my eyes and i got goose-bumps. At the end there was a four part harmony cause we are that good and I could just feel Jesus right there in the room with us. I haven't felt him in awhile... and he was there, as he's always been. As I walk into this week this new song from Amy Grant's newest album is running through my head... one foot in front of the other... take it one day at a time.... and remembering it doesn't happen overnight.
(and yes, after our meal we came home to escape chickens! except for the fat one they were ALL out in the yard!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gm1lVWXwEs you'll have to copy and paste that link - ignore the brittany commercial in the beginning.
Overnight - Amy Grant featuring Sarah Chapman
So, you've handed in your resignation,contemplatin' why nothin' turns out right.
A little fed up with all the disappointments,
so what's the point in wastin' any time?
It's only temporary, so what's your hurry?
No need to worry. Don't you know that,
(chorus)
If it all just happened overnight,
you wouldn't know how much it means?
Ye-ah
If it all just happened overnight,
you would never learn to believe
in what you cannot see,
oo-oh
what you cannot see.
I feel like pace is at a standstill.
Do I wait till it falls into my hands?
A long highway ahead, gettin' started.
Steady hearted, is what I think I am.
There's somethin' to be said for experience.
Who knows what's ahead. Keep on goin'.
Chorus
(Take it a day, a day at a time)
One foot in front of the other,
(Take it a day, a day at a time)
No need to hurry, hurry.
(Take it a day, a day at a time)
It won't happen over night.
It won't happen over night.
Have a little faith,
(Have a little faith)
Must appreciate,
(Must appreciate)
A little fed up with all the disappointments,
so what's the point in wastin' any time?
It's only temporary, so what's your hurry?
No need to worry. Don't you know that,
(chorus)
If it all just happened overnight,
you wouldn't know how much it means?
Ye-ah
If it all just happened overnight,
you would never learn to believe
in what you cannot see,
oo-oh
what you cannot see.
I feel like pace is at a standstill.
Do I wait till it falls into my hands?
A long highway ahead, gettin' started.
Steady hearted, is what I think I am.
There's somethin' to be said for experience.
Who knows what's ahead. Keep on goin'.
Chorus
(Take it a day, a day at a time)
One foot in front of the other,
(Take it a day, a day at a time)
No need to hurry, hurry.
(Take it a day, a day at a time)
It won't happen over night.
It won't happen over night.
Have a little faith,
(Have a little faith)
Must appreciate,
(Must appreciate)
No comments:
Post a Comment